Hi -
The command-line usage is indeed a bit unclear, apologies!

In probtrackx, the --mode is only used in the context of a single
voxel tractography, in which case you use --mode=simple.

There are three other ways of running probtrackx, and no call for --
mode is required:

1. seed mask, using  -x <seed>

2. two masks: using -x <seed> together with --mask2=<secondmask>

3. network: using -x <textfile> --network

The two masks mode is exactly equivalent to the network mode with
where the input <textfile> that has two entries. In both cases,
tractography in ran from the first seed and the second as waypoint,
then the other way round.

As for your second question:
> The other thing was that I also would like the information about
> the number
> of included paths that you get from the waypoints.txt file. This
> does not
> appear to be generated with the current command line setup I am
> using. Do I
> need to set some extra option to produce this? Or is that
> information not
> available when specifying two seeds in an ascii file like this?

I don't really understand what you mean by :  "the number of included
paths that you get from the waypoints.txt file".
Do you mean "waytotal"?? In this case, the waytotal file is only
available when using option 1 (i.e. single seed mask).

Cheers,
Saad.

---
Saad Jbabdi,