Hi Mark!

Thanks a lot again!

but the fieldmap image is not in rad/s.  The values inside the
brain are really quite small.  Did you remember to convert
your input into radians and then divide by the difference of
echo times for your fieldmap acquisition?

Yes, I think, I did.
As you already saw, I calculated:
That is to say: Initially I used wrongly
which you supposed to be correctly *-div 0.00246* (2.46 ms beeing the difference of TEs)

However, that one gave me the following error (using the lines above):
Phase loaded
Magnitude loaded
ERROR: input phase image exceeds allowable phase range.
Allowable range is 6.283 radians.  Image range is: 2552.89 radians.
Aborting.
After which I left the -div0.00246 away.

 I think this is the
most likely cause for your problems.  I'd normally expect
values inside the fieldmap image to be in the hundreds to
low thousands for a typical subject and scanner.

Do you mean the valuees inside the unscaled or the scaled fieldmap?

In fslview the histogram of the unwarped_phase, which I entered  in FEAT, gives me values between -3.14 and +3.14 (the values of the original_phase are 0 to 4096)

I thus -add pi to the rescaling above and rerun the whole thing
  • fslmaths FMphase.nii.gz -mul 3.14159 -div 4096 -add 3.14159 FMphase_rad.nii.gz -odt float
and now the range of the unwarped_phase is 0 to 6.28.

However, after doing the FEAT pre-processing the "unwarping shift map, in voxels" indicates still -0 to +0 and there is still nothing being unwarped!

It seems that I don't understand...

Desperate, but very gratefull,
Markus