Hi Mark!

Thanks a lot again!

but the fieldmap image is not in rad/s.  The values inside the
> brain are really quite small.  Did you remember to convert
> your input into radians and then divide by the difference of
> echo times for your fieldmap acquisition?

Yes, I think, I did.
As you already saw, I calculated:

   - fslmaths FMphase.nii.gz -mul 3.14159 -div 4096 FMphase_rad.nii.gz -odt
   float

   - prelude -u unwarped_phase -a FMmag1_rad.nii.gz -p FMphase_rad.nii.gz -v

That is to say: Initially I used wrongly

   - fslmaths FMphase.nii.gz -mul 3.14159 -div 4096 -div 000246
   FMphase_rad.nii.gz -odt float

which you supposed to be correctly *-div 0.00246* (2.46 ms beeing the
difference of TEs)

However, that one gave me the following error (using the lines above):

Phase loaded
Magnitude loaded
ERROR: input phase image exceeds allowable phase range.
Allowable range is 6.283 radians.  Image range is: 2552.89 radians.
Aborting.

After which I left the -div0.00246 away.

 I think this is the
> most likely cause for your problems.  I'd normally expect
> values inside the fieldmap image to be in the hundreds to

low thousands for a typical subject and scanner.

Do you mean the valuees inside the unscaled or the scaled fieldmap?

In fslview the histogram of the unwarped_phase, which I entered  in FEAT,
gives me values between -3.14 and +3.14 (the values of the original_phase
are 0 to 4096)

I thus -add pi to the rescaling above and rerun the whole thing

   - fslmaths FMphase.nii.gz -mul 3.14159 -div 4096 -add 3.14159
   FMphase_rad.nii.gz -odt float

and now the range of the unwarped_phase is 0 to 6.28.

However, after doing the FEAT pre-processing the "unwarping shift map, in
voxels" indicates still -0 to +0 and there is still nothing being unwarped!

It seems that I don't understand...

Desperate, but very gratefull,
Markus