Hi,

Be very careful to distinguish between a flip in A-P only vs a flip in
A-P *and* L-R.
The latter case still retains the same coordinate-system handedness (what we
call "radiological" or "neurological") and can be brought into correct
alignment
using FLIRT, but if it is *only* A-P that is flipped then the result of
registration
may look OK but actually by L-R flipped, as it cannot undo a single
flip, just
change which axis the flip is about.

I hope this helps.
All the best,