Hi,

If all you want is just to read and save images then the FSL matlab
scripts
should work too.

You will need to do:
   addpath('/usr/local/fsl/etc/matlab');
in matlab (substitute /usr/local/fsl with wherever you've installed it
locally)
in order to tell matlab where all the relevant files are.

If you still have any problems, please let us know.

All the best,
	Mark