Dear Lucy,
The quote comes from Hitchcock’s after dinner speech at the Screen Producer’s Guild Dinner. The speech is reproduced in full in Hitchcock on Hitchcock, ed. Sidney Gottlieb, University of California Press 1995, pp54-58.
All the best,
Jon
Date:    Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:30:17 +0100
From:    LUCY FRASER <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Hitchcock quotation

  Please can anyone give me a reference for the Hitchcock quotation 'television has brought murder back into the home where it belongs'.  I believe it was in the National Observer 15 August 1966.  Does anyone have an academic reference/copy of the article/page no./know the context within which Hitchcock said this?
  In anticipation, thanks.
  Lucy

*

* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **