Thanks to all for the responses so far - as to the question as to where I sourced the copy of Klimov's Sport, Sport, Sport - it was eventually sourced through Gosfilmofond for a lecturer friend at Brighton University- the DVD copy was in Russian only. There is a 35mm subtitled copy at BFI available for private viewing (at a price) and there is also a copy at the School of Slavonic and East European Studies in London (though there are probably access problems for those not studying at SSEES). Previously, I spent a few years trying to hunt down a copy in Moscow in the all the video/dvd stores and markets but to no avail. It was shown once at a cinema in the suburbs of Moscow about four years ago - there were three of us in the audience! It is probably Klimov's least known film in Russia but is highly rated by some - both Sergei Yutkevich and Alexandr Sokurov have been quoted as saying that it is Klimov's most interesting film. Klimov himself, though, was not as attached to it as many of his other films.

> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:00:58 +0100
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Part Documentary/ Part Narrative Films
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> hi giuliano,
>
> where did you source a copy of the klimov film from?
>
> with thanks -
>
> ben

Get Messenger on your Mobile! Get it now! * * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **