________________________________

[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Graham, Sally
Sent: 01 July 2008 15:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: KEY SKILLS ONLINE TESTING

Hi everyone

Could anyone help me with some investigative work I am doing concerning
online tests for Key Skills?

Would you share with me the answers to the following questions?:

*	Which Awarding Body do you use?
*	Would you class them as satisfactory, good or excellent for
support for the key skills process?
*	Can you store the registration number on your MIS system?
*	Can you send EDI files to the Awarding Body direct from your MIS
system for registration?
*	Do you have to register students and then enter them for the
tests?
*	Do you send letters out to each student entered for the test?
*	Do you provide pre-printed rough paper for each student sitting
the test?
*	How do you manage access arrangements?
*	How far before the test do you ask for bookings?
*	How do you manage the achievement data?  Can this be imported
directly into your MIS system?
*	How do you claim portfolios, do you have to make a separate
entry then claim them?
*	Do you have direct claim status for portfolio claims?
*	How often does your EV come in for moderation on portfolios?  Is
it moderation or verification?
*	How do you claim proxies?
*	How many tests do you do throughout the year?
*	In general how do you find the administrative process is it
effective?

We currently use OCR and we are a large college with 5 thousand online
tests throughout the year and we are finding it very resource hungry and
inefficient.

We use GOLA for City & Guilds vocational tests and this could prove to
be more efficient admin wise but we need to explore more concerning
verification/moderation

It would be extremely useful if I could talk to an EDEXCEL centre and a
GOLA centre for key skills so I can make some comparisons

Any information you can provide will be extremely useful

Thanks for your time

Sally

Mrs Sally Graham
Exams/Awards Manager
0161 958 3312

the sender.

Stockport College was established under the Further and Higher Education
Act 1992 and is an exempt charity for the purposes of the Charities Act
1993.

Stockport College, Wellington Road South, Stockport. SK1 3UQ

VAT Registration 611574558

"Be green, keep it on screen!"

DISCLAIMER : This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received
this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the message.  Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender except where the sender specifies and with authority,
states them to be the views of Priestley College.