We would be grateful if you could pass this message on to anyone and everyone that might be interested/know someone who might know someone who might be interested.  We are hoping to recruit for an October 08 start, but have only just had confirmation of the award!

TWO NEW ESRC 1+3 STUDENTSHIPS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY AT LANCASTER

Applications are invited for two fully funded ESRC 1+3 (Masters and PhD) studentships in the Department of Sociology at Lancaster University, starting 1st October 2008 (co-supervised with Professor Gordon Walker in Geography). One is on the topic of 'Routines and Rhythms of Sustainability', the other is on 'Everyday climate change: seasonality, adaptation and demand'.  These studentships are linked to Professor Elizabeth Shove’s ESRC funded climate change leadership fellowship on 'Transitions in Practice: climate change and everyday life' and are open to UK and EU candidates with a minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (or equivalent).  For further details see http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/sociology/prospective/phd/funding.htm

Professor Elizabeth Shove

Department of Sociology

Bowland North

Lancaster University