Dear All

I am attaching a Call for applications for Short-Term Scientific Missions
(STSMs) associated with COST Action 34: Gender and wellbeing: work, family
and public policies.

If you would like to know more about the organisation of STSMs, please visit
this website:
http://www.cost.esf.org/fileadmin/cost_documents/guidelines/Financial_Instruments/3-STSM.pdf

As part of the procedure for applying for an STSM, it is necessary for
prospective applicants to contact an institution which they would like to
visit.  The organisers of COST Action 34 have drawn up a list of
'participating institutions' associated with this initiative.  I'm afraid I
have had to attach this list to this message but it is quite a small file
(55 KB) so I sincerely hope it will not occupy an excessive amount of space
in anyone's inbox.

I am also appending an email from the Secretary of CIST Action 34, outlining
the procedure which will be followed by the Action in selecting candidates.
 I hope this is self-explanatory.

With best wishes, Bernard.

Dear colleagues,

Attached you will find the Official Cost rules and procedures for the Short
Term Scientific missions. The MC of COST Action A34   “Gender and
Well-being: Work, Family and Public Policies” has just approved to set up 4
STSMs for the period 31 July-20 June 2009.   The objectives of these
exchange visits are strengthening the existing networks by allowing
scientists to go to an institution or laboratory in another COST member
state to foster collaboration, to learn a new technique or to take
measurements using instruments and/or methods not available in their own
institution/laboratory. Short-Term Scientific Missions have a one week
minimum duration (5 working days), maximum 3 months and the maximum budget
is 2.500 euros for each visit. Although cost rules fix that the “application
together with the MC approval should arrive at the COST Office at least 4
weeks before the mission starts”, the assessment panel as delegated by the
MC has decided to open a first call and fix the corresponding deadline for
applications for the 30th September 2008. We would appreciate very much all
your possible efforts in order to circulate this call to all the experts in
your country that might be interested in submitting an application, and
especially to young scientists.

We strongly recommend you read the rules and procedures carefully before
presenting the application. Be particularly aware that applications should
to be sent both to the COST Office and to the secretariat of the Chair of
this action [log in to unmask]

According with the MC decision, the selection of the applicant will be made
by an assessment panel formed by Bernard Harris, Tindara Addabbo, Mikolaj
Szoltysek and Cristina Borderías. Following COST recommendations, the
assessment panel will particularly take into account the following
complementary criteria in addition to the general ones established by the
COST rules for the STSM:

 1.  Value of the plan of work to the individual researcher

2.   Nature of the collaboration with the host institution

3.   Contribution to the aims of the Action.

Following consultations with all the members of our Network, please see the
attached List of Institutions and Projects which includes available Host
Institutions and corresponding contacts that would be willing to support
scientific visits.  You can also add your own suggestions for projects if
you and/or your institution are available.

Thank you very much.  Kindest regards,

Conchi Villar

SECRETARIAT COST ACTION A-34

Gender and Well-Being: Work, Family and Public Policies

http://www.ub.es/tig/GWBNet/

Department of Contemporary History

Faculty of Geography and History

University of Barcelona