I hope you don't mind me using the list to inform you about a one day
conference taking a critical look at user involvement. Service user involvement
is now official policy – what are the consequences of this?  Has it lost its
radical edge? Has it made a real difference? What has happened to
autonomous user groups? Is there an expectation that users MUST get
involved? The conference will address these and other questions from the
perspective both of user activists, and researchers and others who study user
movements and user involvement.

The conference is on 24th April 2009 at Hove Town Hall, East Sussex.
Speakers will draw on experience from the disability movement, mental health
service users, older women’s participation, and from involving people with
learning difficulties in research.

We would like to hear from you if you are interested in contributing to a
workshop at the conference.  Full details about the conference and
information on how to make a proposal to contribute can be found below.

http://www.brighton.ac.uk/sass/research/conferences/

Alternatively enquiries should be directed to Sallie White:
Health and Social Policy Research Centre,
University of Brighton,
Falmer,
Brighton,
BN1 9PH