NHS 'run like a supermarket war'
By Nick Triggle
Health reporter, BBC News, Edinburgh

"Doctors have voiced their opposition to polyclinics "

Doctors have urged England to follow Scotland's example in avoiding the use of the private sector and competition in the NHS.

British Medical Association chairman Dr Hamish Meldrum said the health service in England was being run like a "shoddy supermarket war".

Doctors at the BMA's annual conference voted for the NHS in England to only use private firms as a last resort.

Have DAN and allies found a friend, within BMA, Dr Meldrum, who agrees with us that selling Health and Social Care, is one step too far 'in selling-off the family silver to the nearest supermarket';  the British public will not stand for cheap private 'off the shelf' 'supermarket-clinics'...

See link to full story:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7492391.stm

Like my own GP (Dr Bawn) said to me last week, that she would rather resign and work abroad, then go and work at 'Tesco's'( That's is the feelings within the BMA of a lot of GP's, that 'polyclinics' will be like Tesco's). Dr Bawn has got intergrity it seems!!!

What does the Brown Government all other Parties and Politicians think of this then? Do they want to  drive all our Dr's abroad?

Yours

Colin Revell
100’s of Nikon cameras to be won with Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719808/direct/01/

Archives and tools are located at: