Dear Colleagues,

One of my student uses a wheelchair and is in receipt of DSA.  She receives a
taxi allowance and has also requested an assistant (to push her wheelchair)
and accompany her from home to University.  I wonder what your thoughts are
on this and do you think this is something the DSA should and/or would cover
or should Social Services deal with this aspect of the support?

Your response is much appreciated...
Fozya

Fozya Asad
Disability/Dyslexia Advisor

University of East London

        Phone: +44 (0)20 8223 4440
 Fax: +44 (0)20 8223 4962
[log in to unmask] <mailto: [log in to unmask]>
   UeL--
www.uel.ac.uk/disability
Student Services
University of East London, Artillery Houses,
Romford Road. Stratford.  London E15 4LZ