I've received a request from an unsuccessful internal applicant for a
post within my organisation to be sent copies of all records and notes
relating to the job interview, including the interview scoring record.

My initial thought was that the information would be admissible under s.
7 of the DPA relating to the data subject's rights of access.  The
interview notes would constitute the "sole basis for any decision
significantly affecting him, to be informed by the data controller of
the logic involved in that decision-taking".

However, I then realized that under Sch. 7 (miscellaneous exemptions)
that this data could be exempt from s. 7 as it could be interpreted as a
reference given in confidence by the data controller for the purposes of
"the appointment or prospective appointment, of the data subject to any
office".

My interpretation would be that the interview notes wouldn't constitute
such a reference - as this is generally implied to be a communication
from one employer to another, rather than information processed during
the course of an interview.

It is therefore my opinion that the interview notes and records should
be released under s7.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Many thanks.

Ciaran Ward - Information Officer

Direct: 01992 709819  Mobile: 07845 872686

Lee Valley Regional Park Authority

Myddelton House, Bulls Cross, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 9HG

Tel: 01992 717711  Fax: 01992 709922

www.leevalleypark.org.uk

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

Lee Valley Regional Park Authority E-mail Disclaimer....  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, the use of the information by disclosure, copying or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this email in error please notify the systems manager at [log in to unmask]  The email should then be deleted.
The views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of Lee Valley Regional Park Authority unless explicitly stated.