Dear All,

The following situation has scenario has been raised.  A councillor has made a request to know who has made an FOI request about their expenses.  The expenses are general information that is usually published but the applicant wanted more detail behind the published material.

The Councillor who is the subject of the request wants to know who has made the request.  My view is that requests should be anonymous or on a need to know basis for the people who have to supply the information.  However, I am not sure of the access to information regimes that Councillors have.

Any guidance on the potential Data Protection issues would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lawrence

Lawrence W. Serewicz
Policy and Partnership Manager