My impression is that the sentiments behind people's wish to come off the list were more in connection with the level and direction of the discussion on Thatcher and her potential state funeral, when she dies. I remember being in a room with some southern African activists, and they all cheered and expressed victory when Savimbi died in Angola. I felt weird and uncomfortable, and I think the idea of death and perhaps wishing it upon someone and celebrating it is awkward for some people. I didn't like the old bird but the discussion in the past week has been a little bit sick on occasions; some joking can go too far, I think.
Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence Berg <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:15
Subject: Re: delete from list serv

Hi all,
You can add or delete your own membership on the CGF at the list's website:

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/crit-geog-forum.html

You can also change the settings to receive messages in a digest, or to not
get messages for the summer (or any other period), or in different
formats...

Happy summer for those in the North and winter for those in the South),
Lawrence
--
Lawrence D. Berg, D.Phil.
Co-Director, The Centre for Social, Spatial & Economic Justice

Community, Culture and Global Studies
University of British Columbia
3333 University Way
Kelowna, BC, Canada, V1V 1V7
Voice: +1 250.807.9392, Fax: +1 250.807.8001
Email: [log in to unmask]
WEB: http://www.chrdi.org/ldb/index.html

Editor:
ACME: An International E-Journal for Critical Geographies
http://www.acme-journal.org

Co-Leader: BC Disabilities Health Research Network
http://www.dhrn.ca