-----Original Message-----
From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Clare
Horton
Sent: 24 July 2008 12:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Japanese Knotweed.

Hello everyone,

a Consultant has said, 'treatment of JKW strands has already been undertaken, but the potential for re-growth remains. If any strands are identified within Planning boundaries on-site during the earthworks, then the  Contractor shall undertake further treatment'.

My problem is that the JKW is extremely prominent in areas at river's edge and adjacent to the housing development site. Although initial treatment may appear to have removed 'strands' of JKW, if an on-going programme of eradication is not undertaken throughout development and after, then the adjacent/ close by JKW 'strands' will (re)-invade the site and could cause damage to property or services.

Should I be asking for long-term monitoring and treatment as part of development, or is the Developer only obliged to show apparent eradication at the point of development and sale?

Many thanks,

Clare

"IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail (including any attachment
to it) is confidential, protected by copyright and may be
privileged.  The information contained in it should be used
for its intended purposes only.  If you receive this e-mail in
error, notify the sender by reply e-mail, delete the received e-
mail and do not make use of, disclose or copy it. Whilst we
take reasonable precautions to ensure that our emails are
free from viruses, we cannot be responsible for any viruses
transmitted with this e-mail and recommend that you subject
any incoming e-mail to your own virus checking procedures.
Unless related to Council business, the opinions expressed in
this e-mail are those of the sender and they do not
necessarily constitute those of Aberdeen City Council. Unless
we expressly say otherwise in this e-mail or its attachments,
neither this e-mail nor its attachments create, form part of or
vary any contractual or unilateral obligation. Aberdeen City
Council's incoming and outgoing e-mail is subject to regular
monitoring.

This e-mail and files or other data transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and you must not take any action in reliance upon it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of East Staffordshire Borough Council unless explicitly stated otherwise. East Staffordshire Borough Council may monitor the contents of e-mail sent and received via its network for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures.

East Staffordshire Borough Council does not enter into contracts or contractual obligations via electronic mail, unless otherwise explicitly agreed in advance in writing between parties concerned.

The Council believes in being open with its information and the contents of this e-mail and any replies may be released to a third party requesting such information at a future date.