Hi,

something I would find helpful in this context, is to be able to draw a
ruler at the z-position. Currently it is possibly using h (horizontal)
and v (vertical) to draw rulers at certain x and y positions. It would
be nice if another key (perhaps 'O' for orthogonal) would place a ruler
where the z-plane happens to be. Obviously you won't see that in the
window where it is placed, but it would be helpful in the other widows -
I often look at 3Ds in two windows which are orthogonal to one another
so as to work out the 3D shape of overlapping peaks.

Thanks.

Vicky

Christoph Brockmann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am experimenting at the moment to find a comfortable way to judge
> whether I am in the Z-maximum of a 3D peak. My Current approach is to
> pick a peak where I think it should go and then navigate to that
> position in another window that shows the same spectrum in an
> orthogonal view. Then I subsequently move or delete that peak.
> However, this approach is very cumbersome and it would be nice if
> there was a quick way to judge whether the peak should be picked in
> that position in the first place.
>
> Do you think it would be a good idea to have Z-crosshair trace that
> would work more or less like the X and Y traces at the moment? Even
> nicer would be a  strip  that  would show an orthogonal region of the
> spectrum around the crosshair, but I would assume that this would be a
> bit demanding performance wise.
>
> Another way to solve this would be a macro that places a marker at the
> crosshair position AND navigates to the correct place in the
> orthogonal view at the same time that could be evoked with a single
> key. Any Ideas how to accomplish this? Ideally this macro would be
> universal looking for other windows that have the same spectra mapped
> but a different permutation of the axis but I think even a hardcoded
> version that just works in two specific windows would help a lot...
>
> Christoph

Dr. Victoria A. Higman

Leibniz-Institut fuer Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP)
NMR-Supported Structural Biology
Robert-Roessle-Str. 10
13125 Berlin
Germany
and
School of Chemistry
University of Bristol
Bristol BS8 1TS
United Kingdom

Phone: +44-117-95-46325
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (or [log in to unmask])