Hi everyone,

I am experimenting at the moment to find a comfortable way to judge
whether I am in the Z-maximum of a 3D peak. My Current approach is to
pick a peak where I think it should go and then navigate to that
position in another window that shows the same spectrum in an orthogonal
view. Then I subsequently move or delete that peak. However, this
approach is very cumbersome and it would be nice if there was a quick
way to judge whether the peak should be picked in that position in the
first place.

Do you think it would be a good idea to have Z-crosshair trace that
would work more or less like the X and Y traces at the moment? Even
nicer would be a  strip  that  would show an orthogonal region of the
spectrum around the crosshair, but I would assume that this would be a
bit demanding performance wise.

Another way to solve this would be a macro that places a marker at the
crosshair position AND navigates to the correct place in the orthogonal
view at the same time that could be evoked with a single key. Any Ideas
how to accomplish this? Ideally this macro would be universal looking
for other windows that have the same spectra mapped but a different
permutation of the axis but I think even a hardcoded version that just
works in two specific windows would help a lot...

Christoph

Dr. Christoph Brockmann
Division of Structural Studies
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Hills Road
Cambridge, CB2 2QH
phone: +44-1223-40-2261 or +44-1223-40-2042
e-mail: [log in to unmask]