Dear CCP4 community!

Maybe anyone of you could help us out ... We have already invested quite some time and would appreciate any hint.

We have problems installing a driver for the graphic card

nVidia Corporation NV41 [Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI]

on Redhat Enterprise Linux 5
(uname -a:
Linux solver.bio.wzw.tum.de 2.6.18-92.1.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Thu May 22 09:16:17 EDT
2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux)

The output modprobe -l (list of all kernel modules/drivers is attached)

The file /var/log/nvidia-installer.log is also attached.

We have tried the following installation scripts from Nvidia:
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.05-pkg1.run
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.09-pkg1.run

And tried it with the following kernels:
vmlinuz-2.6.18-92.1.1.el5PAE
vmlinuz-2.6.18-92.el5PAE

and get always the same error messages (see log)

It could be (?) that
/lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.1.el5PAE/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia/nvidiafb.ko

is somehow inferring with the driver nvidia.ko that the installation script generates,
but we don't know how to overcome this problem.

We do not find help for our problem on:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

Could you help us out? We urgently need the correct driver running to be able to
use stereo view on our machine.

Sincerely,

Christian Rausch

Technische Universität München, Germany.