Hello all!

Does someone have experience in minimize energy instabilities in
beamlines?

MX2, our new beamline devoted to MX experiments, are facing problems
with energy drifts. As far as we could notice, theses drifts are results
of the contribution from several sources - possibly electron beam
movements, heating of optical elements, etc...

LNLS is a 2nd generation machine with 4 straight sections available for
insertion devices. MX2 is a 2T wiggler-based beamline and produces a
peak flux of 10^11 photons/s.

What I'd like to know, before start performing calculations, how far
should I expect the heating of a non-cooled 2nd crystal affects energy?
Does someone know cases of a few eVs drifts?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Lucas Sanfelici
Physicist

Brazilian Synchrotron Ligth Source- LNLS (www.lnls.br)
Diagnostics Group
PO Box 6192 Postal Code 13083-970
Campinas-SP Brazil
Phone: +55-19-3512-1153/1152  Fax: +55-19-3512-1006
E-mail: [log in to unmask]