faculty post
dear CCP4BB Mailing list
        I sent the message copied below to the mailing list yesterday, but since it was my first attempt to post a message, it may not have gone through.  Here it is again. Please pass along the information to any of your colleagues who may not be on the  CCP4BB Mailing list.

Issar Smith

The Public Health Research Institute at UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School invites applications for a faculty position. The successful candidate must possess a Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree and have an active funded research program using structural methods to address questions of biomedical relevance. We are particularly interested in candidates that use X-ray crystallography as their major technique and whose research interests complement existing departmental programs including, but not limited to the areas of infectious disease caused by viruses, prokaryotes and eukaryotes. Preference will be given to candidates with a proven record of scholarly achievement in structural biology

The successful candidate will benefit from a stimulating and collaborative environment within the Center.  Competitive start-up funds, salaries, state-of-the-art facilities including equipment such as robots and an X-ray source, access to the beamline at the Brookhaven Laboratories and appropriate space will be offered in a new state of the art  research building

Evaluation of applicants will begin September 2008. Please email your application materials, a curriculum vitae and a description of your current and future research program. Candidates should also submit three references.
This material should be sent via email or mail to:

Dr. Issar Smith, Chairman
Faculty Search Committee
Public Health Research Institute
225 Warren Street
Newark NJ 07103
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel. (973) 854-3260
Fax.      (973) 854-3206

For more information about PHRI, visit: http://www.phri.org

The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from minorities and women

--

Issar Smith, Ph.D
Professor (Medicine)

New Jersey Medical School-UMDNJ