Dear Madam or Sir,

we would like to inform you about a new publication:

Sabine Gehm, Pirkko Husemann, Katharina von Wilcke (eds.)
Knowledge in Motion
Perspectives of Artistic and Scientific Research in Dance

2007, 338 S., kart.
zahlr. farb. Abb.
14,80 î
ISBN: 978-3-89942-809-4

In a globalised society, dance is gaining in importance as a means of
conveying body knowledge: It is perceived as an art form in itself, is
fostered and cultivated within the bounds of cultural and educational
policy, and is increasingly becoming the subject of research. Dance is
in
motion all over the world, and with it the knowledge that it holds.
But what
does body knowledge in motion constitute, how is it produced, how can
it be
researched and conveyed? Renowned choreographers, dancers, theorists and
pedagogues describe the unique potential of dance as an archive and
medium
as well as its significance at the interface between art and science.
Contributors are, among others, Gabriele Brandstetter, Dieter Heitkamp,
Royston Maldoom and Meg Stuart.

Sabine Gehm graduated in Cultural Studies and is artistic director of
the
festival "Tanz Bremen".
Pirkko Husemann is a theatre scholar and works as author and
dramaturge in
dance.
Katharina von Wilcke graduated in German philology and works as
independent
cultural manager and curator in the field of dance and theatre.
WWW: www.tanzkongress.de

For further information please visit:
http://www.transcript-verlag.de/ts809/ts809.htm

If you would like to order our books, please feel free to contact our
distributor:

transacion publishers
390 Campus Drive
Somerset, NJ 07830
USA

Call toll-free (US only) 888-999-6778
Fax: 732-748-9801
Email: [log in to unmask]

Sincerely

Your transcript Verlag

====
Paul Brown - based in OZ 4-23 July 08
mailto:[log in to unmask] == http://www.paul-brown.com
OZ Landline +61 (0)7 5443 3491 == USA fax +1 309 216 9900
OZ Mobile +61 (0)419 72 74 85 == Skype paul-g-brown
====
Visiting Professor - Sussex University
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/ccnr/research/creativity.html
====