The following will appear in the next ARC:

Records Manager

Royal College of Surgeons of England

(Maternity Cover - fixed term until 31st December 2009)

£25,000 pa

At the Royal College of Surgeons of England we are looking for a Records Manager who will take responsibility for continuing to develop our records management programme. Your role will include completing an ongoing survey of records, drafting retention schedules, implementing the College's vital records strategy, ensuring the College is compliant with relevant legislation, and providing guidance and advice to staff about best practice in records management.

With an appropriate qualification and two years experience in records management, you will be able to demonstrate your knowledge and experience of issues relating to the management of both paper and electronic records. Your well organised, methodical approach and ability to prioritise work, combined with excellent communication skills and customer focus, will enable you to collaborate with a wide range of people, and contribute effectively to the development of our records management programme.

For further information about this role and to apply please visit our website www.rcseng.ac.uk or email [log in to unmask] quoting reference 45/08.

Closing date: Friday 15th August 2008

Interviews: Monday 1st September 2008

The College is an employer fully committed to its equality and diversity policies.

Louise King

Assistant Archivist

The Royal College of Surgeons of England
35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London. WC2A 3PE

T. 0207 869 6513

www.rcseng.ac.uk

N.b. We have problems with an overactive spam filter so if you do not hear from me, within a reasonable timeframe, in response to an email then please try again with nothing in the subject field.