Data Manager

Location: London (EC1V)
Salary: £22,000 - £32,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits include a generous holiday entitlement and pension scheme, as well
as every other Friday off.

About the post

We are looking to recruit a Data Manager to work in our Birth Cohort &
Longitudinal Studies Group who will be responsible for constructing and
maintaining survey data files for internal and external users. The work also
involves checking and editing data, writing derived variables, producing
documentation, providing cross-tabulations and statistical analyses and
contributing to substantive and technical reports. The successful candidates
will have previous experience of data management. Experience of statistical
software (SPSS or STATA) or programming would be an advantage.

About NatCen

NatCen is the largest independent social research organisation in Britain
providing high quality research into all areas of social policy including health,
employment, housing, travel, education and crime. We have approximately 300
staff and a research income of over £30m in the current year.

Due to expansion our Quantitative Research Department has vacancies for
Data Managers to work in our London office. We offer excellent prospects for
advancement, favourable working conditions (including generous holiday
entitlement, a pension scheme and every other Friday off) and a stimulating,
hardworking and friendly environment.

How to apply

Please visit our website www.natcen.ac.uk for a full job description and an
application form. Please note that we will be unable to accept CVs due to our
strict equal opportunities policy. If you have any questions about the post,
please feel free to contact Chris Perry (HR Administrator) on 0207 549 9500 or
by email [log in to unmask] Deadline for completed application forms is
Friday 22nd August 2008.