SECTION OF CANCER GENETICS

Statistician

The Institute of Cancer Research is at the forefront of international cancer research and, with the Royal Marsden NHS Trust, forms the largest comprehensive cancer centre in Europe. The Section of Cancer Genetics has an international reputation for its work on understanding inherited susceptibility to a number of tumours.  Applications are invited for a 3-year Cancer Research UK post to work on genetic susceptibility to cancer.

We require an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our expanding statistical genetics group. The successful candidate will contribute to ongoing studies as well as to the design and analysis of new projects. Applicants must have: a higher degree in statistics or equivalent qualification; experience in a research environment; good organisational and interpersonal skills; self motivation, the capacity to work in a team and the ability to produce reports to deadlines. Previous experience of genetics would be useful but is not essential.

The starting salary will be in the range of £26,597 to £33,845 per annum inclusive. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The post is initially funded for 3 years and there will be the possibility of renewal, subject to future grant applications.

Informal enquiries are welcome and can be made to Richard Houlston (tel: 0208 722 4175; e-mail: [log in to unmask]). Please Note - this email address is for enquiries only and CVs must be submitted in line with the instructions below.

To apply, please send two copies of your CV including the names and addresses of two referees and a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form, to the HR Office, The Institute of Cancer Research, 123 Old Brompton Road, London SW7 3RP quoting reference number B133. For a job description and equal opportunities form please visit our website at www.icr.ac.uk . Alternatively you may call our 24 hour recruitment line on 020 7153 5475.

Closing date for applications: 18th July 2008

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.