Dear  Colleagues

I am working for the Centre for Evidence based Purchasing (CEP) to provide a buyers' guide on point of care devices for the measurement of HbA1c and low concentration albumin in urine.  This report will provide information to prospective purchasers from the NHS and elsewhere and will be available on the CEP website,
www.pasa.nhs.uk/cep

The experience of current users is a valuable source of information so I am carrying out a user survey.  I would therefore be very pleased to hear from any users of the following devices who would be willing to spend a few minutes completing a short questionnaire, which is available in electronic and paper versions.

I am particularly interested in finding users of:

Hemocue 201 albumin system (HemoCue)
Uritest 13G urine reagent strip (Urit Medical Electronic Co Ltd supplied by Economed)
in2it HbA1c analyser(BioRad)

but I would also welcome hearing from users of :

Afinion AS 100 analyser (Axis Shield)
DCA Vantage analyser (Siemens)
NycoCard analyser (Axis Shield)
A1cNow+ analyser (supplied by Chirus)
Clinitek Status (Siemens)
Microalbustix urine reagent strip (Siemens)
Micral-Test urine strip (Roche)
ImmunoDip urine albumin test (DCL supplied by BHR)

I would be very grateful if you could email me at

Thank you.
Sheena

Sheena Pearson CSci, MSc, FIBMS
Evaluator,
Guildford Medical Device Evaluation Centre (GMEC)
PGMS
Daphne Jackson Road, Manor Park
University of Surrey,
Guildford,
Surrey.
GU2  7WG
Tel:    01483  689207
Direct Tel:01483 688557
Fax:    01483  688551
E-Mail : [log in to unmask]
Unit website: www.surrey.ac.uk/GMEC

Director: Stephen Halloran

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the message. This
footer also confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned for viruses by
Sophos AntiVirus & Mail Filter.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of
the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Trust, Surrey PCT or the Surrey HIS.

Please note that the content of all e-mail messages sent and received by the
Trusts may be disclosed to third parties under the provisions of the Freedom Of
Information Act 2000.
------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/