Hi, Cameron.

I haven't tried this yet in SPM5, but with SPM2, I found that I could preserve spatial information simply by reslicing with ImCalc.  In other words, I would select the image from ImCalc, then specify that the new image would be resliced withouth any mathematical manipulation (simply 'i1').  The resliced image would have spatial information stored with it, and I could use this image for aligning other images (either through coregistration or through realignment).

Hope this helps.

Doug Burman

==============Original message text===============