Dear Jiang,

I'm afraid this is not possible. SPM uses contrast numbers throughout -
they index the contrast in SPM.mat, they are part of the associated
image file names etc. Using contrast names instead would raise a lot of
problems: names are not necessarily unique, can be easily misspelled,
may not be suitable as filenames ...

Volkmar

--
Volkmar Glauche