I have no problem with the "human interest" posts that
come up from time to time; in fact, this is the way
I've gone on to meet a few people on another
"Professional" list I belong to. One thing, however,
would help:

The subject header needs to change, to reflect the
changing nature of any given discussion. This way
those not interested in, or with little time for,
these sorts of posts, can skip/delete them.

Another alternative, of course, is to start another
(sub?)list!

Paula Pratt

http://www.newcastle.ac.uk/elll/staff/profile/k.p.corrigan

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/elll/research/language/npecte.htm