Diolch Wyn am wneud i mi chwerthin o'i hochr hi!
magi
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wyn Hobson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 2:47 PM
Subject: Bri-eiriau

Meddai John Puw (mewn edefyn arall):

> A phethau fel hyn!!

> http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7453584.stm

Mae gen i gryn gydymdeimlad ag anesmwythyd ynglyn â bri-eiriau (buzz-words)
mewn busnes a gweinyddiaeth, ac felly â'r ergyd dychanol a geir yn y gerdd
ganlynol yng nghyfrol diweddar Chris Addison, 'Cautionary Tales for
Grown-Ups':

"Phillip, who Talked only in Management Speak"

In hell the devil has a list of jobs which take your soul
And Management Consultant is the first one on the roll.
A man, let's call him 'Phillip', had spent year on dreary year
In climbing up the ladder of exactly this career.
His constant blue-sky thinking and his client-centred style
Meant 'Phillip' rose proactively quite smartly up the pile;
His knowledge-based incentivising earned him quite a name
In the real-time user-focused matrix-implementing game.

The ugly pseudo-language soon became his standard speech;
He'd use it in the pub or down the dogs or at the beach.
His friends grew slowly weary of his charmless invitations
To three-stage, food-led gatherings with grape-derived libations,
His girlfriend almost left him when he made the bold request
For some value-added hands-on top-down sex before they dressed,
His mother, on her birthday, was appalled to get a card
Professing end-to-end robust emotivized regards,
And no one twigged he'd got a raise on hearing 'Phillip' say:
'I've levelled-up the monetising function of my pay.'

An outward-bound-style stag weekend just south of Bristol sealed
Phil's fate. For, clothed in paintball gear while creeping through a field
And pondering his strategy, he didn't hear the sound
Of the farmer's combine harvester behind him, turning round.
As soon as 'Phillip' noticed the approach of the machine,
He stumbled and he tumbled and he hollered and he screamed
But though he called for help, it didn't do him any good,
For no one within hearing even nearly understood:
'Could someone please now optimise a bottom-line solution
And synergise their efforts to effect my restitution?
Engage a methodology repurposing your day,
Enabling as "action-item" hauling me away!'

And so it was that 'Phillip' was condemned to end his tale
As a bleeding-edge holistic drilled-down rolled-out human bale.

Hwyl!

Wyn