From: Rowdy Yates <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 4:48 am
Subject: [EFTC] New Page on Scottish Addiction Studies

Dear List Members

I rather think there is something in the air in the UK just now.  There does seem to be a resurgence of interest in abstinence based recovery and a growing dissatisfaction with the current policy of long-term substitute prescribing.  It's probably these developments which have spurred me on to re-organising the Links page on the Scottish Addictions website to include a list of therapeutic community and other recovery-oriented sites:

http://www.dass.stir.ac.uk/sections/show_section_content.php?section=4&content_id=1

This is very much a work in progress and hopefully, later this summer will be accompanied by the creation of a Therapeutic Communities section in the online library.

I'd appreciate any comments you might have and any suggestions for sites to be included.  At the moment, it's a pretty personal choice.  So for instance, there wouldn't be enough room for every TC so I have stuck with those which are either well-established (well known) or very influential or which I have actually visited.  With non-TC links, I have for now stuck with the various mutual-aid networks since they have certain commonalities with the TC movement.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any comments, suggestions, thoughts etc.

Rowdy Yates
Senior Research Fellow
Scottish Addiction Studies
Department of Applied Social Science
University of Stirling

E: [log in to unmask]

T: 01786 - 467737

W: http://www.dass.stir.ac.uk/sections/showsection.php?id=4 (home)

W: http://www.drugslibrary.stir.ac.uk/ (library)

Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.