From: Marco Crivellari <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 14:45:58 +0100
To: Emily Smith <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Subject: BBC documentary

Dear Emily

I wonder if you could help me out.

I develop documentaries for BBC2, and am interested in working up a film on the effects of surveillance. By 'effects', I mean primarily psychological effects - we would like to make a film that looks at people working in CCTV control centres, and at people living in high surveillance areas, and talk to them about their fears and anxieties, beliefs about surveillance, and so on.

In order to put together a film of this type, we would like to focus on an area or street with exceptionally high rates of surveillance.

I wonder whether any statistics exist on the density of surveillance cameras in particular areas/ streets? Is there any way I might be able to find which five streets in the UK have most CCTV cameras, for example? Might there be any British academics who would be able to help me in this regard?

Any and all help will be hugely appreciated. Please do get back to me if you'd like to ask any questions about the research I'm doing.

Best regards

Marco

Assistant Producer, BBC London Factual
BBC Media Centre, Room MC4 D6
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TQ
Tel: 0208 008 2862
http://www.bbc.co.ukThis e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.Further communication will signify your consent to this.

------ End of Forwarded Message

**************************************************** This is a message from the SURVEILLANCE listserv for research and teaching in surveillance studies. To unsubscribe, please send the following message to <[log in to unmask]>: UNSUBSCRIBE SURVEILLANCE For further help, please visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help ****************************************************