Hi Boris:

If you are using mostly EPI based sequences for your scanning, gradients
may produce a lot of heat because of fast switching on/off during
scanning, and you may have high helium boil-off. Giving time between the
scans will help to cool down the gradients.

Regards

Rajesh

boris suchan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is some kind of off SPM topic question,
>
> we are scanning at a hospital normally for free.
>
> Now they noticed that the helium consumption during our scans up to 8
> hours is about 3.3 % higher than during a normal clinical day. This
> means that we are consuming helium for 500 € (65 l).
>
> Does anybody know what parameters do have an influence on the helium
> consumption?
>
> Are the epi sequences per se extremely helium consuming???
>
> Or are there any tricks, like making a pause between the scans etc. to
> reduce this factor?????
>
> Many thanks
>
> boris
>
> Priv.-Doz. Dr. Boris Suchan
>
> Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
>
> Ruhr University Bochum
>
> Universitätsstr. 150
>
> 44780 Bochum
>
> GAFO 05/613
>
> Tel.: + 49 234 3227575
>
> Fax: + 49 234 3214622
>
> mailto: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>
> http://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/neuropsy/mitarbeiter/boris_suchan.html

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.  Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.