Hey Satoru (and everyone else):

The error was corrected for by setting GM>15%

But to follow up your comment:

2. When SPM prompts you "FWE", "FDR", and "none", choose "none" and try 0.001 (or 0.01, 0.005 etc). If you choose "FWE" p<0.05, then SPM uses an FWE-corrected threshold at the VOXEL-LEVEL, which is often creates spurious results on cluster p-values. The corrected cluster p-values are FWE corrected, even if you choose "none", or an uncorrected threshold. Cluster p-values are adaptive, meaning that they are adjusted for the threshold chosen by the user.

I'm not clear on exactly what is being said here.  Say i choose "none" and set my level to 0.001.  You say that the "cluster p-values are FWE corrected even if I choose "none" ?  Is that true?  Does this mean I don't need to do any further corrections?

Thanks for everyone's help.  I'm the first to attempt VBM analysis in my lab so you guys have been great!

Meg