Try renaming the DARTEL folder as "dartel" (no caps) and add it to matlab path again. It then becomes available in the toolbox menu. BUT that was of not much use for me as opening it fails to show any further options in the GUI. This is how I got around to using dartel -

- Type spm_jobman in the matalb command window. That loads SPM JOBS into the SPM5 graphics window.
- Now select 'New "Tools'
- Select 'New "Dartel Tools"
- Then 'New "Intial Import" etc...

Hope this is of some help