LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE NEWSLETTER

The NEWSLETTER of the LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE is the premier vehicle promoting and publicizing significant scholarship in the fields of history, psychology, psychoanalysis, anthropology, political science, sociology and cultural studies. Our Newsletter reaches 25,000 researchers, educators, clinicians and authors from around the world.

The NEWSLETTER features:
• Calls-for-papers and conference announcements.
• Announcements of important publications.
• Groundbreaking papers and essays.

Our Websites Currently Feature Online Publications
from the Following Disciplines:

Anthropology

Glenn Bowman — Xenophobia, Fantasy and the Nation: The Logic of Ethnic Violence in Former Yugoslavia

Communication

Carolyn Marvin — Blood Sacrifice and the Nation: Revisiting Civil Religion

For further information on using the LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE NEWSLETTER to promote your own project, please write to [log in to unmask]

Psychology

Clark McCauley — Understanding the 9/11 Perpetrators: Crazy, Lost in Hate, or Martyred?

Psychoanalysis

Ruth Stein — Fundamentalism, Father and Son, and Vertical Desire

Holocaust and Genocide Studies

Omer Bartov — Industrial Killing: World War I, The Holocaust, and Representation

Political Science

Larry N. George — The Pharmacotic War on Terrorism: Cure or Poison for the U.S. Body Politic?

History

Roger Griffin — The Meaning of 'Sacrifice' in the First World War

Religious Studies

James W. Jones — Why Does Religion Turn Violent? A Psychoanalytic Exploration of Religious Terrorism