That's fascinating, Sheila, & something close to what I feel (but I'm
afraid I'm note writing anything as much as I should be these days).

In fact, Andrew, I didn't have a lot of trouble writing that piece,
but I wasn't all that sure after I had written it. Certainly, some of
the poems I still feel really good about came out of my pen with
amazing ease, once I 'found' that first line & kept going...

I will say that I dont write from 'ideas' or concepts (although I
probably did way back when), but look for some word or phrase that
will allow some kind of continuation...

Doug