Yeahm, they can get copies through SPD, but very very little comes
back to the press. I'm beginning to think of leaving them altogether.
The customers I've lost to them--all of my major customers--would
almost certainly come back to me. The economics of the industry
become more and more dire. Consider this--Amazon demands a 55%
discount, and SPD and I split the difference, less my shelving costs
and shipping. Which means I lose money on each copy sold that way. It
looks like the all-digital future approaches faster than we expected.

Long and short, I don't tell people to order from SPD and neither
should you. Most folks can wait a couple of months.

The books will go out by Monday.

Mark