Hi Sue

I’m in a very similar situation, having set up a new OH service, when prior to my arrival all there was for HCWs hep B results and I don’t have all of them.

For new starters, I ask for the ‘works’ as in the Bible (Chapter 12, Green Book). Not an opportune time for Refuseniks as they think they won’t get a Health Clearance for the job if they don’t comply. I’m doing a retrospective round up now. A good PR exercise is if your staff have any in-house training sessions, or Team Briefs, get your name down, book a session and present – don’t need to tell you the rationale and what to say.

I emailed each staff member individually working on one geographical region at a time. If I knew a person didn’t do email I posted a form. I did 3 reminders in the first region. I was very keen then. Then two I think in the next. Probably will leave it at one  reminder now.  There is far from a 100% response rate, but there’s only so many hours in the day that can be allocated to this unless you have good admin support or can delegate to another team member.

Not sure how much good this advice will be helpful in an unwilling workforce.

Good Luck

Carolynne Davey

Occupational Health Advisor

SSAFA Forces Help