Any advice on how Sheurmanns Disease would manifest in a 36year old man? A chap has had six episodes of back pain over the past 2 years, approx 1 week absence every 2 months. Been diagnosed with Sheurmanns Disease and his absences have rocketed so that he has been at work approx 3 weeks out of every 4 and has just had seven week off with back pain, and his abilities when at work dramatically decreased so that he can not bend or lift anything. His GP has just said that the symptoms are unpredictable and his employers feel they can not sustain the level of absence or his lack of ability inbetween any longer.

Walked very gingerley when in OH and compained of back pain when sat for 10mins.....but ran across the car park to his car when he did not notice me watching from the 1st floor window....not that I was checking on him of course...thats where the water cooler just happens to be!!!

I though this was a disease of adolescence..please forgive my ignorance if I am wrong ..... and that the symptoms usually recur in later life

Any help greatly appreciated

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net