At 15:12 13/06/2008, Neil Press wrote:
>There is a guy using eBay to advertise miners lamps
>But not sell them on eBay.
>The lamps can be seen aditnow.co.uk all the lamps
>Are fake he is trying to convince the Public they are genuine

Neil,

As with any sale, be it on e-bay or at a memorabilia fair, it is
really 'buyer beware'. The 'Indian' lamps are probably not 'fakes' as
such, they are perhaps the lamps produced for their coal industry and
still manufactured there, rather than some imitation produced for display.

I would rather not see the list dragged into a dispute over the
origins of such memorabilia.

Peter

Dr Peter Claughton,
Blaenpant Morfil, nr. Rosebush, Clynderwen, Pembrokeshire, Wales  SA66 7RE.
Tel. +44 (0)1437 532578; Fax. +44 (0)1437 532921; Mobile +44 (0)7831 427599

Research Fellow - School of Geography, Archaeology and Earth Resources

Hon. University Fellow - School of Humanities and Social Sciences

Office address - Department of Archaeology, University of Exeter,
Laver Building, North Park Road, EXETER,  EX4 4QE  Tel. +44 (0) 1392 263709

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Co-owner - mining-history e-mail discussion list.
See http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/mining-history/  for details.

Mining History Pages - http://www.people.exeter.ac.uk/pfclaugh/mhinf/