The BSHS archivist could use the help of the list to identify a
photographer. We've found two envelopes with b&w photographs documenting
the 50th anniversary conference of the BSHS (Leeds, 1997). There they all
are, and not always in very formal poses: Desmond and Moore, John Brooke,
Simon Schaffer, Joan Leach, Geoffrey Cantor, Patricia Fara, and so on and
so forth. The set also includes snapshots of the audience and several
group photographs which are rather wonderful. Trouble is, so long as we do
not know who took these pictures (and holds the copyright), their use will
remain fairly limited.

Hence my question to the list: any guesses re the identity of our mystery
photographer? I've already asked Jon Topham (my predecessor as BSHS
Archivist), Frank James (as BSHS Newsletter editor at the time), and John
Brooke (then President of the BSHS). And now I'm asking you.

If you know anything about the origins of these photographs, get in touch!

Anna-K Mayer
Honorary Archivist, BSHS