Anticipating an upcoming trip to California, I am pursuing some research on
St. Vibiana

whose cathedral in LA was de-sanctified and ultimately turned into an arts
venue when

preservationists would not allow the Diocese to raze it completely after
earthquake

damage in 1994. Anyone who had ever seen the old church (or pictures
thereof) with the

saint's relics in a glass casket above the main altar, albeit covered with
the wax effigy

of a sleeping young woman in silk clothes, would not forget it. Her relics
are now housed

in the more understated sarcophagus in crypt chapel mausoleum of the very
contemporary

Our Lady of the Angels Cathedral in LA.  I am grateful for any insights or
links. . .  Sorry

she is out of sequence, her feast day being Dec 2 (or Sept 1).

The following links are available:

http://www.archdiocese.la/about/heritage/vibiana.html

http://www.cathedralsofcalifornia.com/?tag=st-vibiana

Marjorie Schulenburg