Dear all,

I think that we should focus on developing positions/critiques of our own
so not too sure that Ed Richards ought to be our first invitee (plus his
voice is pretty well heard). A session looking at lessons from the Lords
Committee's report on 'Media ownership and the news' with contributions by
Steve, one of the eminent participants as well as someone from the
industry would be interesting and useful. It would be able to focus not
simply on the substantive issues involved but also questions concerning
the process - impact, effectiveness, etc. Steve??

best
Des

Des Freedman
Department of Media and Communications