Hi Jerry,

It's not quite as good as practical experience, but just in case you're unaware of it, the Collections Trust published a short paper on exactly this subject a little while ago. It's online at http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/online_publishing/la_sites.

Let me know how you get on!

All best,

Nick

Nick Poole
Chief Executive
Collections Trust

www.collectionstrust.org.uk
www.collectionslink.org.uk
www.cuturalpropertyadvice.gov.uk

Tel:  01223 316028
Fax:  01223 364658

Company Registration No: 1300565
Reg. Office: 22 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1JP.

The Collections Trust believes that everybody, everywhere should have the right to access and benefit from cultural collections. Our aim is to develop programmes and standards which help connect people and culture.

The Collections Trust was launched from its predecessor body, the MDA, in March 2008.