I was appalled to see in this consultation document from DIUS that
libraries are not mentioned as a direct suggestion of where people do
their informal learning.  I am encouraging our libraries to get learners
to complete the form listing Public Library under 'other' to make the
point that we are a major venue for informal learning.  I hope others
might feel encouraged to do the same.  Beware of the very short time
scale - responses have to be received by 12th June!   The consultation
form can be filled in on screen and then printed off for posting.

Carol Campbell-Hayes
Operations Manager South
Derbyshire County Council
Cultural and Community Services