Dear Colleagues,

As part of a potential project bid we are interested in developing an e-
learning tool to support non traditional student’s acquisition of key
information literacy and critical thinking skills.  Much of what is freely
available to the FE and HE sector via the web seems heavily text based,
which for many learners would be inimical to preferred learning styles and
somewhat at odds with the growing pedagogical consensus that multi-
sensory, constructivist learning is best suited to developing these
aptitudes and skills.

We are at the stage of a literature review and would like to know if
members of the list can inform us either about freely accessable online
tutorials or those that they have developed to be hosted on a VLE. We are
especially interested in those developed for FE and first year HE students
which incorporate a variety of assessment methods and that allow students
and staff to review assessement results. ideally we would like the
opportunity to interact with and view some of the content that may have
been created in this area to better inform our project, perhaps as
Intranet/VLE guests.

We have already taken a look at the links available from
http://www.informationliteracy.org.uk/Resources_By_Sector/Tutorials_uk.aspx

Many thanks,

Sue Abrinas

Head of Learning Resources

Ealing Hammersmith and West London College

Mark Gallagher

LRC Manager

William Morris Sixth Form