Dear all

I am pleased to report that 1.6 million additional articles from Blackwell journals were successfully loaded onto Wiley InterScience over the weekend.  After a few additional downtime hours we have now pushed the Wiley InterScience site live again.  However, please be aware that there may be intermittent service today while we stabilize the site.  We expect the site to be fully stable towards the end of the day.  We have also now permanently shut down the Synergy site.

To view the full list of Wiley-Blackwell journals go to http://www.interscience.wiley.com.  You will see here several new subject areas which we have added to now reflect the full depth and range of the Wiley-Blackwell list.  Wiley InterScience now includes 1400 current journals, 6000 online books, 660 titles with backfiles back to volume 1, 23 book series, and 90 online reference works spanning the disciplines, from anthropology to astronomy, Zizek studies to zoonoses.  In addition it includes 12 databases in chemistry and evidence based medicine as well as 10,000 laboratory protocols for the life sciences. Blackwell Reference Online, the Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology and the International Communications Encyclopedia will continue to be hosted on a separate site: http://www.blackwellreference.com

There is still some missing content from Blackwell which we are working through.  This includes some issues, articles, parts of articles (e.g. article loaded in xml but not in PDF) plus some missing metadata and articles which need to be fixed due to special character rendering issues.  The full list of missing content which we are working through will be listed on our transition site after 2pm BST: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/transition and this will be updated weekly.

We have redirected most links to their nearest equivalent on Wiley InterScience.  However, we are still working on the OpenURL links which currently redirect to the Wiley InterScience homepage rather than the journal page, as they should.  These links will be back in place in a few days.

We have migrated the majority of customer license terms and access rights from Synergy to InterScience successfully but if you do experience any problems with your access or have any queries please contact our Customer Support team who are offering round-the-clock, round-the-world customer service during this transition period: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/support  You will also see here a Self-Help service with answers to many frequently asked questions.

If you are not familiar with Wiley InterScience then please use our online tutorials or sign up for a free online webinar here: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/tutorials

If you requested usage reports from Synergy last week and did not receive them then we apologize for this.  Due to the high level of demand for reports in the final week there was a backlog in the system which has mostly cleared but there may be some reports not received.  Usage data for Blackwell journals will be available on Wiley InterScience in September.  I'm afraid that we are unable to supply it before then.

Thank you to all our customers for your support for Blackwell Synergy over the last 10 years.  You helped to build the site into one which has been enormously popular with a large international user community resulting in more than 20 million user sessions and over 8 million PDF article downloads per month this year.  Work is well underway on the new Wiley-Blackwell online platform which will include many of the best features of Synergy as well as InterScience and which we will be launching in early 2009.  More information about this new service will be provided to you in due course.

Best wishes,

Emily
_______________________________________
Emily Gillingham
Director, Library and Institutional Marketing - Wiley-Blackwell - John Wiley & Sons - 9600 Garsington Road - Oxford OX4 3EL - UK
Tel: +44 1865 476425
Fax: +44 1865 471425
_______________________________________

This email (and any attachment) is confidential, may be legally privileged and is intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please do
not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please
tell us by reply and delete all copies on your system.

Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check as the sender
accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug or virus infection. Please note that email
traffic data may be monitored and that emails may be viewed for security reasons.

Blackwell Publishing Limited is a private limited company registered in England with registered number 180277.

Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8SQ.

lis-e-journals is changing ... to lis-e-resources from the 1st July 2008.

Find out more about UKSG at: http://www.uksg.org/ or join the UKSG facebook network at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21810140156