On 23 Jun 2008, at 14:44, Rachel Hill wrote:

That is the problem alright. They will be different - two different platforms (Eprints and DSpace) are being used - never mind the variations in how individuals put the metadata in to them!
It seems that it will be impossible to avoid some level of manual effort to make this work...

Perhaps the manual effort will be in one or other repository, with an explicit field to indicate its duplicate entry in the other repository. That means that the web master's script becomes very easy.
--
Les Carr

Leslie Carr wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">I'm sure that the real gotcha is that they won't be exact duplicates. That would be too easy :-)
--
Les